Friday, January 18, 2008

God and the Mind of a Woman

So, a priest a rabbi and a minister went for a walk along the beach. All of a sudden the Lord came to them and told them he would answer one prayer for each of them. The priest clasped his hands and said "Oh Father, please bring the people back to my church. They just don't see the importance of attending mass anymore." Then just like that the priest was gone and his prayer was answered.

Then the rabbi said "I have one prayer that is most important to me, please let their be peace in the Middle East." Then boom, just like that, there was peace in the Middle East.

At that the minister said "Oh Lord, I work so hard without any rest and I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I'm afraid to fly. Could you create a bridge between here and Hawaii so that we could get to Hawaii more easily?"

The Lord looked down at the minister and said "A bridge? But that is not a rational request, and a bridge that long would be a huge waste of resources. Don't you have another prayer that I could answer?"

The minister thought for a moment and then said. "Yes Lord, I have a wife and 3 daughters. No matter how hard I try I just cannot make them happy. So, could you help me to truly understand the mind of woman?"

"The Lord quickly answered, "So, should I make that bridge two lanes wide or four?"


No commentary needed.

No comments: