Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Merry Christmas & Other Anti-PC Comments

Merry Christmas Everyone!


Are you insulted? Do you feel offended? Would you like your lawyer to ban me from the internet? Tough. I love the Christmas season and I am not about to stop sharing my Christmas cheer because a few people are thin skinned and way too board.

The truth is that most Americans feel the same way. The people who want to stop us from expressing our Christmas cheer are politicians, big business owners and a small number of attention seekers.

People want to be able to share their joy with others in their own way. And why shouldn't they? No matter how hard I try I am not powerful enough to "make" anyone feel anything. Feeling offended is a choice. To say otherwise is to state that society has more power over you than you have over yourself. It is a weak-willed, victim mentality.

So how do I feel when someone says Happy Hanukkah? I feel happy. I feel free. I feel blessed to live in a country where we all can share our joy and happiness with each other without feeling guilty or offended. How about you?

No comments: